Monday, May 5, 2008

I am sitting in the Monroe Airport, letting the changes in my life sweep over me. Keli and Hany just waved me goodbye. The biggest goodbye in a long long time, because as of right now I don't live with them anymore. I'm on my way to Rosie and home, in Philadelphia again. It feels unreal. My tears are tears of bewilderment.

Now I've boarded the little puddle jumper that will take me to Dallas on my way to Philadelphia, on my way away from Downsville. We left for the airport in a rush, and somehow I didn't get to say any goodbyes to anyone except Shelby. I'll miss Bill and Shelby, Jeff and Trish and Joseph and Jared. Even Tempest I think. I remember feeling good and excited about moving out. I remember the strength of my conviction that this was what I needed to do. Right now though, I only feel sad and heartbroken.

I can't wait to hold Rosie in my arms and feel some love amidst this devastation. Reuniting with her is the bright spark in this. Her presence is what gave me the courage to make a hard but needed change. I'm so grateful to her for letting me back into her heart after I left her even though she wanted me to stay.

No comments: